Module 4 - Fluency
Before/During/After Strategies for FLUENCY - Module 4
Imagine, Elaborate, Predict, and Confirm (IEPC) Lesson for Reading Chapter 8 - "Fluency"
Imagine, Elaborate, Predict, and Confirm (IEPC) Lesson for Reading Chapter 8 - "Fluency"
Before and After: IEPC
I | E | P | C |
Fluency Reading Comprehending Good readers | I see confidence. I see a good reader. I see understanding. | I predict that I will learn some strategies to use with struggling readers. I predict that I will learn some specific fluency strategies. | Fluency is characterized by the ability to read text aloud with speed, accuracy, proper expression, and without being labored. (p. 166) |
This was a neat before and after strategy I used prior to reading and after reading (the "confirm" column). I will try this with my students as well when we read our next selection for test prep. It is something different, so I know they'll like doing this and hopefully understand the literature better.
During: Insert
During the reading of the article entitled, "Developing and Assessing Fluency," I used the insert strategy. I liked it. I feel it helped me understand what I was reading while I was reading and I plan to use this method with my 8th graders as we begin our unit on poetry. I am sure they will enjoy it and have a deeper understanding of the print they are reading, even though it is poetry.
Did you use it with them? What did they think?
ReplyDelete